There are different reasons why you might need to buy an extra keyboard. Your keyboard may be wearing out and one can only imagine the frustration you get each time you type ‘O’ when you actually wanted to type ‘P’.
Apart from your keyboard wearing out, desiring more comfort and flexibility and reducing pain in your wrists and fingers as you type might be your main reason. You may also want to maintain the recommended minimum distance of 40cm away from the screen or just want to have some additional functionalities on your keyboard which are not available on most keyboards.
Whatever the reason, we all want to have the best keyboard that will suit our needs.
Here are the 10 best keyboards under $99 available on Amazon. They were picked based on their ergonomic design and extra functionalities.
Why You Should Trust Us
We checked Amazon to find the keyboards that have multiple functionalities, promises comfort, have received several reviews, and rated at least 4-star from real users. At a price below $100, we believe that you can find the best keyboard for you on this list.
1. Logitech MK550 Wireless Wave Keyboard and Mouse Combo
4.3-star, 8950 Reviews
The Logitech MK 550 keyboard has a constant curve layout and integrated palm rest to reduce stress, eliminate lower wrist fatigue, and help you type more naturally.
If you want something that allows easy navigation, then this might be the best keyboard for you. It has 18 programmable keys that you will find pretty useful if you frequently use apps that require rapid navigation.
It also has an accompanying precision laser mouse that makes screen navigation much easier and faster than using your touchpad.
One of the things that set this keyboard apart from the rest is its long battery life. You can continue to use your keyboard and mouse for 2 years without thinking of changing the battery; the keyboard’s battery can even last up to three years.
If you are a programmer, secretary, writer, or you do something that requires typing a lot, this is a product you might want to consider.
- Long battery life
- A combination of keyboard and mouse
- Wireless keyboard
- Integrated palm rest to reduce wrist fatigue
- Only compatible with Windows-based PC. Additional set up might be required to use with Mac or Linux.
- The keyboard can be a little noisy when typing
2. Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Wired Keyboard 4000 for Business
4.3-star, 5388 reviews
This is an ergonomic keyboard with a cord (about 6ft long). It has a comfortable design that enhances your natural hand, wrist, and forearm positions when in use. It also has a cushioned palm rest which helps maintain a neutral wrist position, eliminating wrist pain.
The keyboard has 5 customizable buttons that you can assign specific commands to make your work easier and faster. This may be the best keyboard for you if you love ergonomic keyboards.
- Works on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Relatively quiet
- Sturdy, doesn’t swivel around
- The keyboard is a little bulky
- Spacebar might be sticky at first
- It doesn’t have a wireless version
- Not good for gaming
- Some letters and characters might begin to wear off with use
3. Razer Huntsman Gaming Keyboard
4.6-stars, 1442 Reviews
If you are looking for a superfast keyboard, the Razer Huntsman gaming keyboard is one to consider. Its new Razer Opto-Mechanical switches utilize optical technology for unmatched speed.
The keyboard’s Razer Chroma syncs fully with popular games, and its Razer hardware supports 16.8 million colors on backlit keys. It has fully programmable macros that allow for the execution of complex commands through all keys and keypress combinations.
This keyboard is originally made for gamers, but many users choose it for its super-fast speed rather than for gaming itself.
- Works for Mac and PC
- Stiff enough to avoid typos
- Superfast and customizable
- Because it’s clicky, it might be disturbing in an office environment
- The Synapse software is bad and might not install on Windows 10
4. Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
4.5-stars, 3115 Reviews
This is a membrane keyboard for enhanced performance, whether you are working or gaming. It is designed to give you pleasant gaming experience with three zones of tweakable RGB backlight.
⌄ Scroll down to continue reading article ⌄
How Fulfilled Are You In Your Life?
If you want to stop struggling and live life to the fullest, Lifehack has a solution for you.
Learn More Now
⌄ Scroll down to continue reading article ⌄
One of the features that make the Corsair K55 keyboard stand out is its dust and spill resistance, so you don’t have to worry about wiping off spills. It also has a detachable palm rest to reduce wrist pain when you are gaming or on a prolonged work.
It has multi-key anti-ghosting features so those keypress combinations are executed without hassles. You also have direct control over your audio with the dedicated volume and media control keys.
- Competitive at its price
- No software needed for RGB lighting
- Quiet keys
- Programmable keys
- Media buttons are included
- Caps Lock and Num Lock indicators might stop working intermittently
- Game hangs for about 30 – 60 seconds whenever you use a controller
5. Apple Magic Keyboard
4.6-stars, 1328 Reviews
The most remarkable thing about the Apple Magic keyboard is its rechargeable batteries and the fact that it can be used to enhance your typing experience on smaller devices such as the iPad and iPhone.
This keyboard can pair with any apple device that runs on IOS 9.1 and up. Therefore you can use the keyboard to type long text messages and emails on your iPhone. This may be the best keyboard for Mac.
- Comes with rechargeable batteries
- Though made for Mac, it’s also compatible with PC
- The keys are not lit
- Some keys, especially the arrow keys are quite small
- Be careful, refurbished items might be sold as new
6. Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo
4.1-stars, 20,735 reviews
This is another great product from Logitech, especially for people on a tight budget. Like MK550, this keyboard also comes with a paired mouse and does have a long battery life as well.
Although cheap, Logitech still maintained the connectivity signal of 2.4 GHz, so you can use the keyboard within a 10m range and there won’t be dropouts. It also has 8 programmable hotkeys to boost your productivity when you type.
- Long battery life: the keyboard battery lasts up to a year while that of the mouse lasts for two years.
- Programmable hotkeys to boost productivity
- Optical mouse included
- Wireless keyboard
- Build quality is low
- The paired mouse looks cheap
- There might be random keystrokes delay
7. Redragon K552-RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
4.6-stars, 1482 Reviews
This is a mechanical anti-ghosting gaming keyboard with RGB backlighting and lettering and conflict-free keys (n-key Rollover) to provide ultimate gaming experience.
This keyboard has adjustable rear feet to give you a typing angle to work fast and comfortably. It also has 12 multimedia keys to enhance gaming.